Monday, November 5, 2012

Painting pumpkins...and us

Happy late Halloween!  I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.  We took Daphne to Chuck E Cheese since she is so little.  It was the best idea ever.  There were five other children there so she had free "run" of the place.  (walking really with us a few feet behind her, but we didn't have to hold her hand the entire time like usually because that place tends to be extremely crowded and she's extremely short)
 
Now I'm all about Daphne exploring and expect to have to put her in the bath as soon as she's finished painting because she has managed to get it on her in the process of painting.  This time she had to have a bath because of my other child...ooops...I mean my husband.  He painted all over here.  (lol...just wait for the last picture.)
 
The point was to allow Daphne a chance to make a jack o lantern like mommy did.  (I carved one.)  For some unknown reason, lol, I don't trust my two year old with a knife yet so we compromised with acrylic paint.  She had a blast...and so did Daddy.
 
We usually use finger paints so acrylics were new for Daphne.  She had fun painting herself (and some on Daddy) but she didn't like the paint when it started to dry.  Our activities ended when the paint started to dry because she started complaining it was "sticky."  She doesn't like things that are sticky on her unless it's a sticker, tape, etc.  If it's food or something along those lines, she can't stand to have it on her.  She was whisked off to the tub for a bath.  Then, the tub got a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment