Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day!

Time to vote!  Today is it...election day.  I know everyone is happy about it...if anything to be done with the random phone calls and doorbells ringing from people begging you to vote for their choice of candidates or propositions.  Today we had a blast.  We were able to go vote.  (That was crazy, but not as bad as it could have been.  I took bubbles and Daphne had a blast outside.  Once we were inside the building I got my phone out and let her play games.)  After Mommy voted (Daphne helped me push the buttons), we came home and got ready for Daphne's election.  The place I voted was nice enough to give us extra stickers to hand out to everyone who came over to vote.





 
We read the book I made (everyone got their own copy) and then we colored a picture of the American Flag.
 
Showing off her voter registration card.  Each child got one.

 
We then cast our votes.
 
Somehow the picture above and this one got mixed up.  She is picking her candidate.  Shh...don't tell anyone.  She voted for Caillou.
 
After we voted we each got a sticker.
A little girl (who is clearly adorable!!!) cast her vote via facebook (absentee ballots).  You can see she voted Mickey and wore the "sticker" on the other post. 

On a side note, I didn't get pictures of all of the kids at my house because quite a few were kids my neighbor babysits and I couldn't get permission from their parents to post their picture on the internet.  The Mickey voter's mom gave me permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment