Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just hanging around

I would LOVE to tell you Daphne and I have been coming up with some amazing ideas of things to do...or that I've found some neat things to try with her on pintrest or other craft/activity sites, but I haven't.  I have a sick little girl so we have been hanging around a lot.  I'm hoping once her antibiotics kick in she'll be up to playing and creating again.  Let's hope it's soon because I miss my energetic little monkey.

Sometimes, I fully admit, when on pintrest (or other similar websites) I feel like a bad mom.  Let's face it, there are tons of women (and men) on there who claim they grow their own veggies and fruit, they grow their own cows for the butcher, raise chickens for eggs that they harvest every day.  Then they make their own soap, can tons of food, do amazing crafts and activities with their children, keep an immaculate house...all while being dolled up with make up, hair fixed perfectly, a size 4/6 in a cute dress...and in high hills.  Are they all super women and I'm just lazy?  Some weeks I do good to keep my family in clean clothes, fed, and in a half way decent house.  My very good friend said she's healthy and can't do half of that stuff.  She thinks those women have maids, nannies, and other help they don't mention...or they strongly over exaggerate what they are really doing.  Which makes me wonder...why do we feel the need to make ourselves feel less adequate because we can't do what someone else does?  So you can't afford the 2k swing set for the back yard or the water table...who cares!  (You care the most...but your kids aren't as concerned as you are.)  Let go of the notion that you have to do things the same way everyone else does.  You know what your children need...love them and give them what they need.  They will be more thankful in the end that you loved them and cared for them more than the swing set...they can swing at a friend's house or the park.  Every day doesn't have to be filled with something amazing.  Yesterday at the doctor's office we colored on the exam table paper.  We drew numbers, shapes, and letters.  I even drew a drum.  Yep, we used crayons as the drum sticks.  If you need to keep your kids contained at the doc's office coloring on the paper is a great way.  Don't worry about if they will get mad at you for coloring the paper...they tear it off after each patient and throw it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment