Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Unexpected ocean trip

She is feeling a ton better now!  She woke up running...literally.  She would play for awhile then rest and repeat.  After nap time she started demanding a trip to the beach.  Well, we are land locked unless we drive a state or two away (not going to happen).  There is a lake about 1 1/2 hours away that has sand but it's too cold to go there plus with an ear infection I'm not okay with her going out to play in the wind and water.  This was our alternative.  I have yet to get a hold of sand unfortunately.  (I refuse to pay for it when you can get it outside on the ground.)  Instead I used pea gravel.  So we have the gravel, some plastic fish, some rocks, and some water.  She was excited for her little beach.  (I can't wait to get some sand to show her how to make sand castles!)  Before I knew it she had raided her kitchen and gotten a pot out to cook a fish, a tea pot and tea cup to serve the water in, and was having a blast.  Before she played in her ocean we pulled up pictures on the computer to see what a real ocean looked like.  In the near future I plan on printing off an ocean scene and laminating it to put on the bottom so she can play with a real ocean environment.  I also want to get some fish tank stuff like sea weed and coral to put in it.  I've seen them at the $ tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment