Thursday, November 8, 2012

More free fun...the library

Went to the library for story time.  Daphne always has a wonderful time and they always have really neat things to do.  Today we learned about GERMS.  (Now, the ironic thing...I started sneezing and got a runny nose right after we got home.  Hmmmm.  I'm hoping it's just allergies because I haven't taken my allergy med yet this morning and we played outside.  My internet isn't working properly right now so I'm not sure what picture is what.  Sometimes the pictures load and sometimes they don't.  Right now they are all in the blog but aren't showing up for me.  The picture with the black sink that say "Sink the Germs" was a really cute game.  The librarian made it out of a box, covered it in black paper, took some bean bags and taped different kinds of germs on them and the kids got to toss the germs in the sink.  Then we made a doctor bag out of construction paper.  The library outdid themselves...they had bandaids, cotton tipped applicators, tongue depressors, cotton balls, straws they made to look like thermometers, and gauze to put in the doctor bags the kids made.  Daphne has been playing with it all afternoon.  Unfortunately...the bag didn't hold up being made out of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment