Thursday, February 7, 2013

We NEED the park Mommy

Daphne informed me yesterday that children need the park. Ok. I'll go with that.  Unfortunately, it's been raining a lot here and our back yard "park" and the actual park were way too soggy.  Today was a little better.  (Oddly enough, as I type this, it's raining...a lot.)  We are just getting over the flu and it's rather cold outside so...I didn't think going out in the rain would be the best idea.  However, we were able to hit the park this morning after story time.  Although I try to skip fast food if possible, the park trip was an impromptu trip with a friend who also came to story time.  So we got some chicken strips apples and milk from Mc Donald's and headed to the park.  We ate and then played!  I was so scared to let her climb this very high play ground equipment but...I kept my cool and let her do her thing.  Guess what...she had a blast! Besides burning energy and allowing children the chance to stretch, grow, play, be creative, and get some exercise in, the park does a lot more.  It gives her a larger place to explore.  It gives her the chance to explore not only the outdoors, but the chance to explore what her body can do.  It also gives Mommy a work out chasing her around.  While at the park I was able to take a step back and see how amazing my little girl was.  She was so confident in her ability to climb the equipment that she even helped a smaller child. It's very rewarding when a parent comments on how sweet and helpful your child is.

No comments:

Post a Comment