Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sometimes it's best to trick them!

Daphne will only eat McDonald's chicken nuggets. That is the ONLY meat she will eat. Her protein comes from nuts and dairy products. I've been desperate for awhile and have been trying everything...but tonight I won!!! McDonalds will give you empty chicken nugget boxes and french fries bags if you ask for them. So I got some and made my own nuggets with ground chicken and, salt & pepper, some bread crumbs (or flour) and a little oil. I shaped them like the ones at McDonalds and cooked them. After they were cooked and blotted with a paper towel I put them in a nugget box. I made fries and put them in the fries bag. Then I cut up apples and put them in a bowl for her. And the verdict? A very picky 2 y/o who will eat a healthy meal at home...all because she thinks it came from McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment