Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Doc is in!

On days when I'm too sick to do much with Daphne, I let her watch tv.  It stays on the Disney channel or Sprout!  One of her favorite shows is...Doc McStuffins!  One day I got out my medical "stuff" and let her play with it...my ownership of my nursing equipment was gone...it now belonged to her.  So, for Christmas, she got her own medical "stuff" (mommy spent a lot of money on some of these things and I really wanted them to stay in decent condition).  Daddy is going to build her light box (oops, I mean x-ray box) in the next week or two so she can look at x-rays and ct scans.  We got copies of family x-rays and copies of ones I had throughout my life...which is quite a few I might add.  Her prescription pads I ordered off of the CDC website.  They tell you what to do in case you have the cold and a place for the doctor to sign.  There are a few different kinds so she can check stuff off and scribble her own notes in there.  I swear she is on track to be a doctor...her handwriting looks identical to some of the doctors I've worked with previously.  So here are some pictures!  The stethoscope was $6 at walmart during Halloween   The thermometer was an old one we had around the house.  You can get an otoscope on ebay for less than $4.  The prescription pads were free.  The jars I had around the house.  All of the stuff in the jars I got at the $ store.  So all of this was less than $20.
She is listening to the baby's heart beat! Thump thump...thump thump.
All of her supplies set up and ready to go!  What's going on with this patient?
Doctor Daphne is in surgery. (I got her "doctor's coat" at goodwill for $1.50 in the men's section and cut it up and sewed it for a better fit.  I think I want to get another one in maybe the little boy's section so it fits just a bit better.  But when I have the time and money...we'll see if I remember it.)  If you are wondering...Sleepy Bear came out of surgery just fine.  He has made a full recovery and is currently taking a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment