Monday, February 25, 2013

Easter Eggs

When I bought my cricut I thought it would be used to make beautiful presents at a really cheap price.  (My mother gave my sister and I each some money and told us it had to be used for something frivolous that we wanted...no bills paid, or clothes bought, nothing for our husbands or children.  Just for us.  Being on a tight budget she knew I would use the money to pay bills or something but this was special money she wanted me to use to get something I wanted but would never buy on my own.)  My sister got a monogramming machine.  I got the cricut with some cartridges.  Fast forward to now, I never thought I would be using my cricut to make GAMES and puzzles.  But, I am!  However you don't have to have one.  It will just take longer.  I cut out 28 eggs (just in case I made a mistake) and then put letters on each egg.  Upper case version at the top of the egg, lower case version at the bottom of the egg.  Then I cut different shaped lines through the eggs to make puzzle pieces.  Daphne, who is learning her letters, is having a blast with the puzzle pieces.  Plus, you can put them in the tub with her.  The foam will stick to the bath tub wall once they are wet.  She LOVES playing with these things in the water.  I can't wait to post about the fishing game I made this weekend as well!!!  I admit, I made a few games for her this weekend...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment