Friday, October 26, 2012

YES!!!

Are you a yes Mommy?  It's something I'm trying to get better at.  When she wants to do something I try my best to say yes.  She's two and has a great imagination so when she wants to explore something I try my best, within my health and abilities, to help her grow and learn in the most imaginative way possible.  Besides, it makes a lot things a lot easier in our home.  Being a YES mom has decreased temper tantrums quite a bit.  I'm not talking about "yes, you can jump off the roof," or "yes, you can break Mommy's pretty vase."  But why not say yes to wanting to play in the bath outside of her regular bath time or do an extra craft.  She has access to our craft bins so she can grab something out when she wants to do a craft.  My wonderful husband freaked out the other day because she climbed on the ottoman to turn the living room light on and off.  I turned around and asked what the problem was.  He sputtered out about the climbing and I said, "what's the big deal, it's stationary, not that far up (less than 1 1/2 feet) and she's learning.  Watch."  I proceeded to tell Daphne to turn the light on or off.  Daphne did as I asked and giggled.  She learned not only how to turn the light switch on and off, but she learned cause and effect.  She also learned what it means when the light is on and when the light is off.  Anything can be a learning experience.  Plus, if she's tired, now she can go and turn the lights off and curl up on the couch.  (Sorry, no pictures for this one, but I'm sure there will be pictures later on today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment