Friday, October 26, 2012

Genetically Enhanced Turkey Time

Before I decided to be a Play At Home Mom I bought up a bunch of crafts from Oriental Trading that I got on clearance.  I'm rather thankful I did.  They provide fun entertainment without needing to think things through or set things up in advance.  Plus, they come with everything you need to complete the task with the exception of glue.  We still have yet to use real glue though.  We use glue dots.  I have to admit, when I was introduced to these things at the library story time it was love at first sight.  Those things are really really sticky and don't make a mess like real glue!  To get things on the type of clearance I did, you have to buy them practically a year in advance.  (think after holiday sales)  This is suppose to be a turkey.  But, as a two year old, her imagination is grand...this turkey is...shall we say Genetically Enhanced?  I will admit when I first started doing these projects with Daphne I would tell her where to stick things, how to do them, and if she put them in the wrong place, I would try to fix it so it looked like the picture.  Letting go of my perfectionism has been hard, but now I'm ok with it...usually.  Yes, I get genetically enhanced turkeys and other creatures, but I know she did them and she did an amazing job!  She's always so proud of herself when she does something on her own.

I know these aren't the best pictures, I take them with my phone usually.  This is a little jingle bell I put a glue dot on her for.  (It's hard for her to see the glue dot on the clear plastic part so I have to help with that part.)  She kept getting it stuck on her thumbs.  She finally looked at me and said, "Help Mommy.  It sticky."  Of course, I would love to help you!
 
"All done!  Look Mommy!"  She was so proud of her genetically enhanced turkey...and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment