Thursday, October 25, 2012

G is for Giraffe!

I don't get to take her to the zoo as much as I would like but when the weather is just right, I can take her for a little while.  This day we learned about giraffes.  I printed off a big G and took foam shapes I cut out of regular foam board we had.  I also printed off some facts about giraffes I didn't know.  Did you know they can grow up to 20 feet tall!!!  They're born about six feet tall.  I'll never get that tall...nowhere near it.  I also wrote a little bitty informative book, read her a story about giraffes as the main characters, and had activities for her to do like songs with motions.  I plan on making up these little packets for all of the main animals in the zoo.  It may take two or three years to get through them, but she loves animals and the zoo.  While we were there I heard a dad giving his son misinformation about the giraffes.  This is why I try to do research ahead of time and if I don't know, I tell Daphne that I don't know but we will look it up together.  (She did the G on the paper, but I couldn't get a good picture of it sideways without it being near perfect so I helped straighten some up for the sake of the picture.)

Now she's just playing with the shapes.
I wasn't able to get other pictures because a lot of people started coming up and she was getting distracted.  Ah the life of a two year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment