Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mommy Has So Much to Learn

Before I had a child I knew how my life was going to go.  (Yes, please feel free to laugh at me now!)  Once I was pregnant I planned everything out.  I had a three page birth plan that covered every scenario.  I had the nursery set up with the help of my husband.  I had our bedroom set up with his help as well.  We had everything we thought we would need...and what others thought we would need.  Then it was time!  My contractions were every three minutes apart so we headed to the hospital two days before my expected due date.  Let me tell you all about my birth plan.  Are you ready?  Yeah, it stayed in the bag.  I was determined to have an unmedicated natural delivery.  Well...my doctor changed those plans.  After being in labor for 21 hours and having no change, he wanted Pitocin.  Even with Pitocin I didn't make much change.  Before I knew it I was being rushed back for an emergency c-section after 30 hours of labor.  Daphne was born and we haven't looked back.

I ended up having a rare complication called Peripartum Cardiomyopathy.  (My heart went kaput during the pregnancy.)  For more information please feel free to visit www.amothersheart.org .  But what ended up happening was a struggle and a blessing.  I'm now medically retired/disabled and am a stay at home mom.  My plans to be the active mom who runs around and plays with her daughter went out the window.  All the trips to the park and all the trips to the zoo I wanted to make ended up not happening.  Some days I do good to get out of bed.  Be that as it may, I have Daphne and Wesley by my side.  They are amazing and wonderful people.

Having Daphne has taught me more than I could ever imagine.  I hope your children are able to teach you as much as she has taught me.  So please come along on my journey as a Play At Home Mom while I grow and learn with my toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment