Friday, March 1, 2013

DIY rubbing plates1

Sometimes there are things you want to do with your children but it requires money you don't have.  Daphne is still a little too heavy handed to make a rubbing of flowers, leaves or other things of the such.  So I looked online to purchase some.  Granted they aren't overly expensive but we don't really have the extra money right now and well...by the time you pay S&H, they do get a bit more expensive.  So I set out to make my own.  I took some of my every so popular foam sheets and my trusty hot glue gun.  The best part is that I used scraps of the foam sheets to make different designs so as to not waste anything.  It took a few tries to get things right.  There needs to be a steady stream of hot glue.  (I don't have the steadiest of hands...lol)  The first picture is a rubbing of some of my creations.  The other two pictures are of the plates I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment