Monday, April 8, 2013

Who will sink the boat?

Daphne wanted to make a sail boat today so I got some craft foam, hot glue, foam stickers and a hard plastic straw. I used the straw and some foam to make the mast and sail but it didn't work so I carefully cut it off. She had so much fun decorating the sail I felt bad removing it...but sometimes you have to let something go. Next she wanted to get out some little people to ride in the boat. I decided to make it into a science project! How many will fit in the boat before it sinks? I could only find 6 of the 7 dwarfs (I wonder where she hid the last one...hmmm) so we used a prince. The verdict? The 6 dwarfs floated but the prince...sunk the boat. We learned about weight, weight distribution, and surface tension. Plus we had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment